Newbie-Frage: OpenHABian und Serial Port

Moderatoren: seppy, udo1toni

Tenere

Newbie-Frage: OpenHABian und Serial Port

Beitrag von Tenere »

Guten Morgen Allerseits,

ich möchte eine Pi 3 unter OpenHABian mit einer StromPi3 USV ausstatten und habe nun folgendes Problem:

ich bekomme keine Kommunikation mit dem StromPi über die seriellen Pins am GPIO etabliert.

Hier habe ich zwar etwas gefunden und versucht, mich daran entlangzuhangeln und die Kommunkation mit dem StromPi zu ermöglichen, allerdings ohne Erfolg.

Falls mir jemand auf die Sprünge helfen kann: sehr gern!!

Gruss,

Tenere

udo1toni
Answers: 222

Re: Newbie-Frage: OpenHABian und Serial Port

Beitrag von udo1toni »

Hast Du denn mal die Anleitung des Herstellers befolgt?

https://strompi.joy-it.net/downloads/

Der erste Schritt wäre, die Kommunikation auf Betriebssystemebene zu ermöglichen.
Anschließend kannst Du über ein Script den Zustand auslesen und an openHAB schicken.

Falls Du Probleme hast, die Scripte unter openHABian einzubinden, wäre der umgekehrte Weg ebenfalls gangbar, Du installierst das vorbereitete Image (Buster lite, von der Downloadseite oben), installierst anschließend git und lädst openHABian herunter (openhabian manuell installlieren, https://www.openhab.org/docs/installati ... r-software)
openHAB4.1.2 stable in einem Debian-Container (bookworm) (Proxmox 8.1.5, LXC), mit openHABian eingerichtet

Tenere

Beitrag von Tenere »

Selbstredend...

Daraufhin habe ich versucht, die serielle Schnittstelle über openhabian-config zu konfigurieren.

An einem "reinen" Raspbian ist die Kommunkation problemlos möglich...

udo1toni

Beitrag von udo1toni »

Hab gerade mein Posting nochmal ergänzt...
openHAB4.1.2 stable in einem Debian-Container (bookworm) (Proxmox 8.1.5, LXC), mit openHABian eingerichtet

JohanDC

Beitrag von JohanDC »

Dear,

Sorry, that I write you my request in English. I do speak and read the German language rather well but I'm not good in writing (I only did Kindergarten in Germany). So, feel free to answer in German.

I would like to know if somebody succeeded in using the Strompi3 together with Openhab2.

I made several attempts on getting it to work.

- Using the Raspbian Lite image with Strompi3 stuff pre-installed and then tried to install openhab manually. But this brings a lot of issues in openhab which I haven't been able to solve.

- And now I'm trying to start with a clean Openhab install. But I haven't found a way yet - if it exists - to install in parallel to Openhab2 the Raspian OS with a GUI to allow the setup and programming of the Strompi3 like described in the manuals.

Kind regards,

Johan

udo1toni

Beitrag von udo1toni »

I don't know the StromPi Image, but did you already try to use the openHABian manual installation over the stromPi Image?

Are you aware of the official openHAB community? https://community.openhab.org/

JohanDC

Beitrag von JohanDC »

Hello,

Yes, I already tried to perform a manual install of OpenHab on a clean Raspbian install. But this causes a huge amount of issues that I was not able to solve until now. User rights, commands not found, ... and I'm not that familiar with a Linux environment.

It looks as if openhab is working. At least I can access the Openhab environment. But I can't connect over ssh, I can't see logs, ...

Do you have any idea, if it is possible to install a GUI like on a normal Rasbian install next to or on top of the OpenHabian that I have now?

It would be nice if forum member Tenere is still looking on these pages, so he could tell us if he was able to get it working in the end and how he got to it.

Kind regards,

Johan

JohanDC

Beitrag von JohanDC »

Hi,

I forgot to answer you that I'm also member on the official forum. I just found a name of a person that had the intention to move his system to a pi with Strompi (a post from yesterday). So, I'll try it over that way as well.

But if still have some options, please let me know.

Regards,

Johan

udo1toni

Beitrag von udo1toni »

Please, openHAB != openHABian. That point is vital. How did you try the manual installation? openHABian? apt? zip? at least three valid options for manual installation...

JohanDC

Beitrag von JohanDC »

I used the apt method afterinstalling Raspbian Lite (Joy-IT (StromPI3 img). Resulting in "pi" instead of the "openhabian" username.

I think I made the distinction between OpenHABian and Raspbian in my earlier post as the OS on the RPI. OpenHABian in case you start with an image you got from the openhab.org download or in my case an image based om Raspbian Lite with the Joy-IT Strompi3 stuff on it.

I use OpenHAB to refer to the domotic system.

Antworten