Newbie-Frage: OpenHABian und Serial Port

Moderatoren: seppy, udo1toni

udo1toni
Answers: 222

Re: Newbie-Frage: OpenHABian und Serial Port

Beitrag von udo1toni »

An apt installation should result in an additional user named openhab, but that user is only for running openHAB as a service, not for login. You have to use another user (e.g. "pi") to login via ssh.

apt install openhab2 will NOT install samba nor any other additional software like frontail(!), so if you can reach the frontend via http://ip.of.your.raspberry:8080/ then there is no issue at all.

If you want to try, use the strompi image, then follow the instructions for manual openhabian setup

i.e. :

Code: Alles auswählen

sudo apt update
sudo apt install git
sudo git clone -b stable https://github.com/openhab/openhabian.git /opt/openhabian
sudo ln -s /opt/openhabian/openhabian-setup.sh /usr/local/bin/openhabian-config
sudo cp /opt/openhabian/openhabian.conf.dist /etc/openhabian.conf
sudo nano /etc/openhabian.conf
// change settings to match yous system, e.g. set distribution, hardware platform, Zulu8-32 etc.
// save Settings
sudo openhabian-config unattended
This should result in an up-to-date stable openHAB system, up and running, with samba, frontail, FireMotD etc., not forgetting the strompi part.

However, I don't know if strompi and openHAB together on one Raspberry Pi is ok (sufficient RAM?...)
openHAB4.1.2 stable in einem Debian-Container (bookworm) (Proxmox 8.2.2, LXC), mit openHABian eingerichtet

JohanDC
Answers: 0

Beitrag von JohanDC »

Ok,

Thanks for giving me this input. I'll have to check here if I still have a spare 32 (or 16) GB SD card to give it another try today or tomorrow at the latest. This time using your list with commands.

I'll get back here if I run into other issues or with the announcement that I have a running OpenHAB with a working StromPI3.

Regards,

Johan

udo1toni
Answers: 222

Beitrag von udo1toni »

Fingers crossed :)
openHAB4.1.2 stable in einem Debian-Container (bookworm) (Proxmox 8.2.2, LXC), mit openHABian eingerichtet

Antworten